Sunday, October 5, 2008

Two-color Study No. 2

This is an attempt at telling a bit of our story. Not sure how successful it is - my husband says it looks "creepy," and I have to agree. Maybe it's the colors? Blood-red and cadaverous green don't end up being such a cheerful mixture... oh well. Does anyone have any ideas as to what would make it more...hang-up-on-the-wall-at-home-and-enjoy-able?
Because at this point, I think it looks like the cover of a teen novel.
I guess I'll add this to my list of dubious works - the Dub list. Along with the portrait of my husband I couldn't finish last week because it was too awful. And I won't post it either - the background was mediocre, and while the draping was good, the facial features resembled a waxworks more than my husband. I ended up ripping it off the work board in frustration.
I have a lot of work and learning to do.

No comments: