Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Buffy, Buzz, and their pet

After Steve Z.'s wonderful amazing perfectly marvellous gift arrived, I shuffled about my house in a rather bewildered, zombie-like state induced by a fog of feelings which was comprised of excitement, bewilderment, joy, gratitude, inadequacy, and, I admit, terror. I remember repeating to my husband's cocked eyebrows, "But I'm not an artist!" until he sat me down to dinner to shut me up.
Steve Z. later somewhat alleviated my feelings of bewildered gratitude by requesting a painting on the largest size paper he'd given and to be of a photo he'd taken of his mother and their two terriers, Buffy and Buzz. Again, I reacted with joy... until I got out the largest size paper and looked at its so beautifully unstained width. My patient husband was again subjected to imbecilic repetitions of "I can't do this!" until it was done.
And so, for better or worse, here it is, roughly 2x3 feet.

No comments: