Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kathy and sisters


I will not bore my treasured readers with a detailed description of my raptures of joy when Steve Z. e-mailed me with a request from his co-worker Kathy to paint a favorite photo of herself and her sisters - for money!
I think anyone who knows me knows I like to save money, that my dream is to have enough to be able to become a creatively frugal housewife and mother of as many children as I can get, and raise them in a healthy, happy environment. I know from being raised by a mother who did just that, that money matters, and every little bit counts. How thrilling to be able to do something I love to do for friends and at the same time, get a little bit that will count for the future!
On the subject matter at hand, I'd like to ask Kathy if she'd allow me to publish her description of the photo from which this was painted. It makes it mean so much more.
May I?
And my heartfelt thanks to Kathy, my new friend and patroness!
half an hour later...
Kathy says yes, so this is her description of her photo:
The picture was taken by my youngest sister's (on the far left) husband. She had told us she was pregnant. Out of 7 kids, she is the youngest girl and the first of all my siblings to have a baby. So when I look at that picture, I can see in our eyes, the pride and excitement we all shared that day. That is why that picture is so special to me.

My sister Pam ended up carrying this baby Melinda, for 2 weeks past her due date, then she was stillborn. It was a sad time for all of us and treasure the happy memories of her pregnancy that we shared. She went on to have two more children.

Then in 1990, my sister Pam died of breast cancer. So of course every picture of her now is very special to me.

No comments: