Monday, March 3, 2008

The very beginning

I always hated watercolors. When I was little I could never get them to do what I wanted, and since patience does not happen to be overly-developed in me, I have never cared for them since grade school. I have had a bit of training in art - only a bit, mind you - in oils a little, in drawing a little, enough to give me the conviction that I am not an artist. So maybe this site's name is ill-done. Should not be Doamna art at all, but Doamna scribbles or Doamna splashes. But it's done, and we move on.
Life happens, and shoved the practice of art away, and even the practice of music, my chief area of study. It all began to seem so barren suddenly, even if all my rationalizations for not practicing any form of creativity were oh so logical.
My lovely friend Decima came along and seemed to know I needed to create something and gave me my first set of watercolors.
The next posts contain the first acceptable products made from those materials.

No comments: