Thursday, March 6, 2008

From/by Mama





































I met Mama (my mother in law) for the first time this past Christmas season. My husband and I had been married for 4 1/2 years before we were able to travel to far, far away where Mama and Tata live. Upon arrival, I was very impressed with Mama's paintings. She's never had any training whatever in art, and when I saw what kind of brushes she uses, I gasped in horror, and resolved to send many better brushes to her upon arrival to the States. Which we did.

But here are her pieces. She says that all the good ones she'd already sold before we came, but that she thinks these are okay too. I think that I could've taken better photos of some beautiful paintings... Especially since she gave us the best there: the mixed floral, the bright floral abstract, the dark abstract, and another one I should take a photo of and post later.
Add to her painting talents the fact that she cooks like - um, what's a good metaphor? - an angel - and you have one incredible mother in law!

No comments: